Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Why I wanted to read Crazy Love




Right, so I've finished chapter 1.

But before I chat some more about that, let me share a little about why I wanted to read Crazy Love in the first place.

I am wildly attracted to passion and passionate people.

Jamie Oliver inspired me to cook because of his passion for food.

And when I started seeing God as a passionate God, that was it for me.

God is an awesome, mightly, all-powerful, TECHNICOLOUR God.

No-one can convince me otherwise because he's shown me again and again in my life.

Only thing is... sometimes I forget.

Sometimes I forget for long periods of time.

This is when the burdens of life happen and I get focussed on the circumstances instead of on Him.

I won't lie - the last couple of years have not been great, spiritually.

I have really good intentions but things just keep coming up.

Actually, that's not entirely true. To be fair, I'm just not prioritising Him.

Until this year.

I've always seen the biggest leaps of growth in me when I've been in ministry.

I suppose it's because I automatically lead by example when I'm reaching out to people.

And so Crazy Love.

I want to be passionate about God again.

Slowly it's stirring inside of me - the passion, the desire, the love.

I read the chapter and nodded at some parts.

Yes, the heavens declare His glory. Gosh, and how!

I can see God every where if only I choose to look.

The beautiful grey skies, the bright blue skies, the stormy skies - I love them all! (the skies proclaim the works of His hands), the trees as I drive to work, how I make it to work in one piece every day despite the Jhb drivers, the view from my office building, the perfection of a sunset (way better than anything Photoshop can do).


Creation shouts out His name.

This chapter was about being still and worshipping God.

The best ways for me to do that are to put on some worship music (usually Vineyard) and sing along with the music turned up loud.

It also means gazing at His glory. At creation.

I've always battled with having a "picture" of God but when I look at creation, WOW, He comes alive for me and I am speechless.

And yet, even though he is the Creator of the Universe, He still cares for me.

Me!!!

How do I know it?

When I'm having a blah day, I'll look up and see a spectacular sky and I know He's created it simply to delight me :)



Do you find it easy to worship God?

What makes you know that He cares for you?

1 comment:

Julia said...

Absolutely beautiful post. Had me in tears. I don't read many God-type posts because the writer always manages to leave me feeling so unworthy and my Catholic Guilt barometer skyrockets.
This post had the opposite effect. It made me feel excited in a way. Gosh, I'd go as far as to say that it hyped me up a bit.
I do find it extremely difficult to worship. Mainly because of the last few difficult years that I've had - you mention about getting caught up in the circumstances and not in Him. Also, I battle to surrender completely. Maybe because I'm part control freak. Maybe because of not prioritising spirituality the way I should. Maybe because I actually do feel unworthy.
What I do know, is that it can't continue this way. That is all.