Thursday, February 24, 2011

Intro to Crazy Love

A few weeks ago Deanna posted goals for the year and said she was looking for someone to do a devotion or similar with this year.

Since I always think my spiritual life could do with work, I told her I'm up for it.

We've decided on Crazy Love by Francis Chan. The subtitle is "overwhelmed by a relentless God" which I love as that is my perception of God too.

Image taken from the official website

This is a New York Times bestseller and how could you not love a red book?

(or is that just me?)

The foreword's by Chris Tomlin, my favourite worship leader in the world. His voice is SO yummy :)

Here is a blurb taken from the website? (I need to hire that copywriter because I'm hooked!)

Does something deep inside your heart long to break free from the status quo? Are you hungry for an authentic faith that addresses the problems of our world with tangible, even radical, solutions? God is calling you to a passionate love relationship with Himself. Because the answer to religious complacency isn't working harder at a list of do's and don'ts — it's falling in love with God. And once you encounter His love, as Francis describes it, you will never be the same.

Because when you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything.

Anyway, I thought I would throw this out there as it will be fun and will provide some support and encouragement to read together.

So who's in? All you need is the book (buy from CUM books, Gospel Direct or Exclusive Books in South Africa) and a computer. I may even be persuaded to do a vlog (!) but don't hold me to it.

Deanna, I'm so glad you asked for a partner on your blog!

No comments: